Not sure if you realised... we got some issues...
Well.. we got quite a few environmental issues today... one of such is that we cut too many trees for paper... I thought as practitioners, artists, and designers, we shall try to make some differences. For that I didn't mean we stop using paper, as I love paper as a great material as everyone did. I simply mean that we should think about recycling paper in art/design practice.
Hence I always try to use wasted material to create art/designs. And this weekend, I looked into my dirty closet, and found a whole stack of old metcard tickets that I used before( well Australians who live lin melbourne will know what they are... paper tickets for trains, trams and buses) I started to play around with them... cut them up, glue them together... well here they are... some little "h"s that I made with used metcards.
These "h"s will potentially be made into keyrings, and even earrings... They are tiny and cute. I basically cut the "h" out from each cards and glued them with varnish serviette glue. and coat the whole thing with the varnish serviette glue. They look good.
I am still exploring using all the metcards I have, and try to make something out of them. What about you? Have you have any ideas about recyling wasted material and make them into something else? Let me know..!!!
I came across with this website telling you the simple way to recycle and make your own paper...
check it out... making paper is fun.. !!
oh BTW serviette glue is great!

Until next time....
hody

3 comments:
they are really cute "h"s, i collected a whole stack of ticket as well, i always thought i would do something about them.
you know what we should do? we should initiate another project like HBL. which we will use metcard as the material to do whatever... what do u think??? maybe get the em3rge crew involve too????
yeah that's awsome idea hody, we'll get a lot of work done and it's fun!
Post a Comment